Lieberman, Ryan & Forrest, L.L.C.
Somerset County
Hunterdon County

Spinal fracture symptoms and treatments

An 89-year-old New Jersey man was seriously injured when an SUV struck him when it collided through a Wendy's restaurant in Bayonne. The accident reportedly occurred on Feb. 19 at the Wendy's located on Lefante Way. The incident occurred at around 3:12 p.m., and officials had completed their investigation and cleanup of the area by 6:15 p.m. 

Before a spouse can request spousal support, either of the spouses has to have filed for an annulment, legal separation or divorce. A court case for a restraining order because of domestic violence also qualifies. Aside from asking for spousal support following the legal separation or divorce, the spouse has the option to request support while the case is ongoing. A temporary spousal support order issued during a case becomes a permanent spousal support order when the case ends.

A formula is generally used to calculate temporary spousal support payments in many local courts, but some counties may use different factors. However, a formula is not used to determine permanent spousal support payments. Instead, several factors are considered, such as how long the marriage lasted, each spouse's health and age, and the property and debts that the spouses accumulated during their marriage. The impact that spousal support will have on the spouses' taxes, whether one of them helped the other to obtain a career and each spouse's standard of living are other factors.

Many people might only think about married couples who are separating or divorcing when it comes to one financially supporting the other, but domestic partners may also seek support. In this case, it is called partner support, and the general guidelines for establishing and calculating the payments still apply.

Since the process for separating or divorcing is the same whether a couple is married or living in a domestic partnership, the couples could get attorneys to help them along the process. Attorneys might also be able to provide confidence even if the couples work out the terms of spousal support agreements on their own.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For a Response

Tell Us About Your Injury To learn more about contingency fees and what we can do for you, call 859-554-4629 or contact us online to set up a free consultation.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Review Us Lieberman, Ryan & Forrest, L.L.C. - Somerville Personal Injury Attorney

Somerville Office | 141 West End Avenue | Somerville, NJ 08876 | Toll Free: 877-456-4253 | Somerville Law Office Map

Flemington Office | 84 Park Avenue, Suite G 107 | Flemington, NJ 08822 | Toll Free: 866-350-4939 | Flemington Law Office Map